Business Licenses & Permits

Obtaining a Business License

All initial contractor licenses are $200 and renewal contractor licenses are $100. Failure to purchase licenses and/or permits will result in work stoppage and $200 fine. Listed below are the only business licenses that are issued by the clerk's office.

  • Electrical Contractor
  • Mechanic Contractor
  • Plumber Contractor

Journeyman & Apprentice Information

All journeyman and apprentices have to be registered with a contractor. It is the contractor's responsibility to notify the city when a journeyman or apprentice is no longer under their direct supervision.

Registration Information

What you will need when you register:

  • Annual license / registration expires June 30 each year
  • A copy of your state license is required
  • Picture I.D.
  • A lapse in renewal is considered an invalid registration

Liquor Licenses

There is an annual occupation tax on every business or occupation relating to alcoholic beverages as specifically enumerated herein and in the amount herein stated:

Business or OccupationAnnual Occupation Tax
Beer on Premises$100
Beer To Go$50
Class B Wholesaler$625
Liquor by the drink: initial tax$600
Liquor by the drink: renewal tax$400
Oklahoma Winemaker$75.00
Private club: initial tax$700
Private club: renewal tax$500
Retail Package Store$500

Vendor Policy & Permit Application

Itinerant Merchant/Street Vendor Permit and Policy (PDF)
Fireworks Stand Vendors may pick up an application and copy of the firework ordinance at City Hall.

Film & Video Permit

Film & Video Permit (PDF)
Do you wish to film on public property in Stroud? Do  you need a street closed? Please fill out this form and a City representative will get back to you.