A soft credit check on each adult in the house will be run when an account is opened. This will not effect your credit. The amount of your deposit will be determined from the report - $75 to $600.
- If it is $75 that must be paid with signed contract and ID.
- With $300 it is required $150 plus contract and ID and two weeks to pay balance of deposit.
- With $600 it is required $200 plus contract and ID and two weeks later another $200 and another two later the final $200.
Reinstatement of Deposit
A customer who has not been required to put up a deposit with the city or has had a deposit refunded may be required to put a new deposit up in the event that their payment record becomes unsatisfactory.
Deposit Refund Policy
All permanent deposits shall be held for a period of two years. After two years, the customer shall be eligible for a full refund of their deposit provided the customer:
- Has not been late or delinquent in the payment of their utility bill(s) more than two times in the two years
- Has not entered into a deferred payment plan with the city in the two years
- Has never had their utilities cut off for nonpayment